More people have become conscious of their health. The fast pace of life has put them at the risk of diabetes, cholesterol, heart problems, and so on. Thus, having a fit and healthy body is a goal that everyone should aspire for. To ensure your health, you can confidently put your bets on cardio training.
Cardio training is an exercise that works out the body’s large muscle groups in a regular and continuous pace. This includes walking, jogging, running, aerobics, cycling, kick boxing, swimming, and rowing-where you must shift from one exercise to another. With this training, you reach 60 to 85 percent of the maximum heart rate you can attain.
If you maintain your cardio training, many advantages await you:
1. Higher Energy Level
With regular cardio exercise, you elevate both your energy level and endurance. You can expect to manage your chores at home and at work with ease.
2. Disease Prevention
As the cardiovascular training makes your heart and lungs stronger, you limit the risk of heart disease. Diabetes, obesity, and high blood cholesterol levels are also prevented by doing low to moderate types of cardio training-which include walking to jogging.
3. Weight Management
With uninterrupted exercise, you burn more calories. This helps in losing weight. For those already at their ideal body mass, cardio training helps them maintain their weight.
4. Loss of Excess Body Fats
With the repetitive movements of the large muscle groups, you can expect a leaner body to come your way.
Remember that you have to stay religious to this training routine. Moreover, observe these guidelines to ensure that your efforts actually translate to the benefits of cardio training.
1. Starting your cardio training now gives you better chances for a healthy body. Thus, set a clear goal to maintain this exercise. You should also adjust your eating habits to complement your training.
2. It’s best to do 30 to 45 minutes of exercise, 3 to 5 times a week. For weight loss, you have to workout for 5 days a week. However, avoid exercising for over 45 minutes at a time. Otherwise, you are inclined to exhaustion and possible injuries.
3. Training on a regular basis increases your fitness level. Thus, you must also increase your training intensity. This gives your exercise variation and gives you room for improvement. Apply higher intensities gradually in your training. For instance, you can increase your speed in running every 5 minutes for at least a minute. Just make sure that you are challenged by the activity.
4. Don’t train before going to bed at night. As the exercise elevates your energy level, you’ll find it difficult to sleep. Taking a snack 30 minutes before training will help you reach your momentum by the time you train. Don’t take heavy meals before exercising, as you’ll only feel groggy. Just give your body the proper fuel it needs to keep up with the exhausting exercise movements.
5. If you’re practicing a weight training routine as well, make sure that you do your cardio training after it, not before.
You can expect to reap the benefits of cardio training if you stay religious to it. Thus, make that goal for your body now and invest on cardio training.