The two giant integrated casino resorts in Singapore have reportedly followed government orders in instituting a number of new measures that have been designed to stop the spread of a highly contagious coronavirus strain that has so far killed two locals.

According to a report from GGRAsia, the 120-acre Resorts World Sentosa revealed that from today only members of its Genting Rewards loyalty club or locals who had already paid their annual entry fees are to be permitted to gamble within the confines of its 160,000 sq ft casino.

Concurrent conditions:

Owned by Genting Malaysia Berhad via its Genting Singapore Limited subsidiary, the 1,500-room facility reportedly detailed that it is to also be required to follow the example of compatriots in Macau by limiting the number of players who are simultaneously allowed to gamble at any one table. It explained that it will furthermore utilize stickers so as to ensure these punters sit at least one meter apart and are not allowed to place wagers while standing.

Crowd controls:

Finally, Resorts World Sentosa reportedly declared that it is to moreover rotate its dealers more often and prohibit entry ‘to groups of more than ten patrons’ while stepping up disinfection measures and endeavouring to keep ‘at least one meter of space between patrons’.

Reportedly read a statement from Resorts World Sentosa…

“We have fully implemented all the safe-distancing measures from government advisories at the casino.”

Complete conformity:

For its part and the 2,560-room Marina Bay Sands Casinos in Singapore implement coronavirus protection measures 1development from Las Vegas Sands Corporation reportedly stated that it is to limit access to its similarly-sized gaming floor to ‘Sands Rewards Club Gold and above’ patrons as well as those who had paid their entry levy for the year. It purportedly proclaimed that it had taken this step to ‘ensure full compliance with the Singapore government’s safe-distancing regulations’ in order to help stop the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

Coronavirus changes:

GGRAsia reported that Tuesday saw Singapore ban short-term visitation as well as transiting tourists while temporarily shuttering a plethora of outdoor attractions and indoor entertainment shows. The city-state furthermore purportedly asked all local food and drink outlets to ensure that their customers do not congregate in groups and are separated by at least one meter of space.

Singapore reportedly had 631 confirmed cases of coronavirus as of yesterday while the jurisdiction’s Casino Regulatory Authority is said to have pronounced that it ‘will continue to closely monitor the situation and work with the relevant authorities’ in order to confirm that its safe-distancing measures are being strictly followed. The regulator additionally is said to have asserted that it remains ready to ‘introduce further measures as necessary’ so as to help minimize ‘the risk of further local transmission.’





Source link